Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snow


I think people who have not spent their entire lives in Texas can not truly understand what it is like for us when it snows. Normally we get yucky ice that we are not equipped to deal with so it just causes all kinds trouble. As a child I can remember going outside and playing in the ice. Snow that accumulates just does not happen here. Until this year:) We had snow on Christmas, which was just amazing, and then last weekend we had more snow than I have ever seen in Texas. Enough for a real snowman that was not brown in some spots. At some point Angela and I left to go to the store and we both noticed that everyone was smiling. Driving through the snow with big silly grins on their faces. It makes you feel like a child and I imagine we appreciate it so much because we never see it! I told Jay if Global Warming means we get snow in Texas I'm all for it;) Teasing of course...but not really. So here are the pictures!



Ava was cracking Angela up.



This was early in the day. There was a lot more snow when it was all over.


A very good friend, and very wise lady, told me once that when she sees snow that blankets the ground like this it reminds her of God's mercy. How we are covered, and no matter how ugly it is under there when God looks at us he sees white because we have been covered by the blood of Jesus. Blanketed by grace and mercy. I love that and thought about it a lot last weekend when I saw all that snow!


And of course I can't close without showing the newest member of the Reale family!



This is Frankie Angelo Reale! Named after my grandpa and great grandpa . He was born on January 2nd and weighed 7lbs 6oz. He is absolutely the sweetest thing ever and a very welcome addition to an already very large family. I don't think there is anything as truly wonderful as a new baby!


The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of a world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment then where is it to be found? ~J.B. Priestley

No comments: