Monday, June 14, 2010

Guess What December Will Bring!

So Jay and I have been trying for over a year to get pregnant, and in that time I was pregnant twice and lost both of those sweet babies. It was a difficult year and by the time I got pregnant with this one I think I was in the process of coming to terms with the fact that there may not be any more babies in our future. Perhaps God had some other direction we were suppose to go and I needed to be totally surrendered to His will, even if it seemed totally crazy in my head that I would not have more babies. I happen to love being pregnant and I could not imagine not experiencing that again. But I also knew in my heart that if the Lord was closing that door there was a reason and I needed to trust Him and wait .

Somewhere in all that I really had this revelation that it was completely by is grace that we had Ava and it would be completely by His grace that I would have another one. I could not do anything, outside of being healthy and taking care of myself, to keep a baby alive and make it grow. That was God's department and I think that realization, while a bit frustrating because I couldn't be in control, also released me from being so incredibly stressed. So I did my best to give all of that to Him. All the thoughts and worry and disappointment and fear and just rest in the things I know are true about my Father in heaven.

So we found out in April that I'm pregnant and found out two weeks ago that December will be bringing a baby boy to the family! I feel so blessed that there will be another baby in our life and I'm thrilled we get to experience raising a boy and a girl. We would have been over the moon for another little girl, but it's pretty cool we get both.

Unfortunately my scanner is not working so no pictures this time, but I will leave you with the verse, or prayer actually, that became the cry of my heart during last year. I'm not sure any woman has ever said it better than Hannah and her prayer became mine!

O, Lord almighty, if you will look down upon my
sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a
son, then I will give him back to you....
I Samuel 1:11

And now....

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted
me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord.
For his whole life he will be given to the Lord.

I Samuel 1:27