Monday, January 10, 2011

Elijah James Worley








Listening for Eli
I took this picture, a self portrait, the day before I went into labor.
Ava was my sweet little helper!



It has taken almost a month for me to get to this, but finally here it is!

Elijah James Worley, Or Eli as he will be known around here, was born on December 18th. Every moment since has been amazing. Tiring at times, but truly amazing.

So I was scheduled for an induction on the 20th and was praying I would go into labor on my own before then and avoid the yucky induction process. I really wasn't crazy about the idea of pitocin and just in general I feel that babies come when they're ready and as long as we're all healthy we should let them cook. Thankfully Eli was done cooking at about 39 weeks and 4 days.

My water broke at 9:30 pm and he came 10 hours later at 7:49 am after about 10 minutes of pushing. My first thought was that he was bigger than Ava, but still so tiny, and not nearly as beat up! He had his hand up over his face and his cord around his neck when he was born, and those hands have been up at his face ever since. His birth was wonderful and things have been wonderful ever since! He nurses great and is gaining weight. He cries when he's hungry and stops when he's fed and His mommy is 100% in love!

After he was born I was holding him and Jay was standing behind me just gazing at him and he said, "Baby, we're having more of these". He's right, we're definitely having more of these!

Here are pictures!

There is that little hand.




6 lbs 12 oz


I don't get those women that look pretty after giving birth. I always look like I was hit by a truck. I don't even want to post it, but I look bad in all of them so the blurry one is probably the best.

3 comments:

Judi said...

You always look beautiful when you are done! We love you guys!

Melissa Jackson said...

Congratulations Sarah! I recently found your blog through Judi's blog. He is precious. The picture of you an Ava is amazing...I'm super impressed that you took it yourself!

Elaine said...

What awesome pictures!!!!
You are beautiful, even after giving birth. :) Love you and glad for the update.