Saturday, February 19, 2011

2 Months Old












I can't believe my boy is two months old! It feels like I just brought him home from the hospital! It is already moving so quickly and I struggle constantly with wanting to slow it all down. I love how much he is changing, but I want so badly to keep him little.

We go this week to see how much Eli has grown, and I'm going to guess that it's a lot. He nurses all the time And is wearing 3 month clothes. He sleeps better, in about 4 hour chunks, but I'm still a pretty tired lady. He smiles and coos at me and knows when his mommy has him! Such a sweet boy.

Ava loves her brother and loves helping with him, but has been a little bit of a challenge with Jay and I. It has been exhausting staying on top of her and I have hit my limit on more than one occasion. Ava is naturally energetic and strong willed, something I have a hard time dealing with because it is very unfamiliar to me. But when she sets her mind to being difficult because there is a new baby getting what was at one time attention given to her, she can wear her mother out! It has been a challenge I am trying to meet prayerfully. Really asking the Lord to not only give me energy and patience, but strength and a will that is stronger than Ava's. And also, especially, wisdom. I wish I could say I have been patient and strong and wise every step of the way, but I have not. I have had plenty of moments when I truly question whether or not I can do this job. The incredibly difficult job of caring for these children without, hopefully, totally screwing them up. And plenty of moments when every other mother seems like a better mother than I am. I did not anticipate this particular struggle before I had Eli, and the shock of it has been difficult. Thank God that his loving kindness never fails and His mercies are new every morning. Without that new mercy I would for sure be lost!

And here are the pictures....





1 comment:

Elaine said...

Love the pictures!!!! Such adorable children!!!! God is going to give you all you need to be the best mama!!! Praying Eli starts to sleep more so you can get some rest!!