Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ava Elizabeth Worley





She was a little beat up.



I can't believe my sweet little baby is two today! I woke up this morning and immediately thought about what I was doing two years ago at this time. In the hospital, in some pain, but still a few more hours and a lot more pain to go before it was done.

Ava came almost a month early and I remember the feeling of driving to Harris Hospital in Fort Worth knowing that it was the last time Jay and I would be just the two of us. I knew that I was having that baby that day because my water broke and I was so excited, but I also wanted to turn around and go home. I loved being pregnant, so I would just stay pregnant!

But of course that did not happen! She was born at 2:34pm on September 30th. Little bitty girl weighing in at 5lbs. She changed my life completely.

So here we are two years later. Ava is no longer that itty bitty baby girl. Every day she looks more and more like a little girl and not a baby and that makes me a little sad, but also very excited about the future. She has the greatest little personality and is so sweet and sensitive.

God gave us exactly the baby we needed right when we needed her. The word thankful does not do what I feel justice because it is so far beyond gratitude. I am completely humbled. Humbled that God, who has already given us everything, saw fit to give us Ava. Yep, totally and completely humbled!!





Minutes after she was born holding daddy's hand.

Big yawn! I love her little milk mustache!

Two years old!





How can it be that you are you?
He thought you up and so you grew,
Because you're mine it must be true,
That He was also thinking of me too.

-Michael Card,
Sleep Sound in Jesus

1 comment:

Abigaile Reale said...

two years old??? ahhh that means that today two years ago was the last time i was in Texas.... i miss everybody soo much! iloveyou Sarah!