Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary






So I have wanted to plant an organic vegetable garden for a while now. I had every intention of starting this garden back in March but the weekend I was going to start working on my soil I had emergency surgery instead. Not anywhere near as much fun as a garden, promise! So I decided after talking to my parent, who know a lot about gardens, that a fall garden would be a good option. So over the last month I have been working on clearing my little plot and working on the soil and finally last week I planted. I don't really have expectations. I hope I get something out of it, but seeing as this is my first garden, and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing, I figure we will just see what happens! And if nothing happens I try again in the Spring! But TODAY I go outside to water and what do I spy with my little eye???? That's right, a little row of green leaves that hopefully will grow into beautiful cucumbers that will fill my salads this fall. And a few cucumber sandwiches! So I ran and got my camera:) Just so everyone knows, this blog will probably include pictures of things no one really cares to see. Like my little cucumber sprouts. So here we go. From beginning to now.

Before


Rows




Cukes!!!!




The Helper




1 comment:

Abigaile Reale said...

Ava is SO cute! i cant wait to meet her!